Black Friday and Cyber represent some huge shopping days that can help your martial arts school boost revenue and get some new students while you’re at it.
Do you already have promotions already in place? Are you ready to capitalize on this shopping season? If not, here are some ideas to get you started.
Don’t Leave Money on the Table
Remember to create deals for both existing students as well as potential new students. I know a lot of martial art schools who only do one over the other. Don’t leave money on the table! Make it easy for both groups to buy from you.
For existing students:
- Create a shopping event sale. Send your students and parents an invitation to come in and save on merchandise, private lessons, gift certificates or upgrades. Be sure to clearly state all the particulars including the who, what, where, when and why’s that will motivate your students to come in. Give them reason to spend more by creating a contest that automatically enters them into a contest for a prize. For example, spend over $300 to enter to win an Apple iPad 2!
- Sell gift certificates. Family members are always looking for gift ideas. Make it easy to buy from you and offer a “buy now” option on your website. You can also offer a discount on trial program packages to your students so they can give them as gifts to their friends, co-workers or family members for the holidays. Consider using PayPal buy now buttons as they make it incredibly easy to add to your website and accept money online.
For potential new students:
- Offer substantial savings on your trial program. This is where you can really pick up some momentum for the New Year. There are a lot of different ways to go about this including discounts, free bonuses, two for one, etc. Be sure to steal one these 17 offer ideas for your promotion. If you need help with other promotional offer ideas, steal one of these.
- Gift certificates. Give the gift of self defense! By making it simple to buy trial program gift certificates on your website, you’re enabling people who don’t even go to your school to help spread the word.
Be sure to spread the word by updating:
- Facebook – Update your logo graphics, write posts or even create an event if you’re having one.
- Website – Create graphics and a page that you link to from every page on your site. Make it easy to find.
- Flyers – Create a flyer and canvas locally. Don’t forget to post them within your school and give a stack to your students to hang up at work.
- Email – If you have an email list (if not, check out aweber.com email solutions) send out an email to your list.
Good luck with your Black Friday and Cyber Monday efforts!