If I were getting started today with a new martial arts studio, there a few things I would make sure I had from a marketing perspective.
These items, to me, are a must, not just a wish list.
Five Marketing Tools for New Martial Arts School Owners
- Logo – I would make sure I had a great name and accompanying logo. Something distinctive that helps me standout from everyone else in my area.
- USP - I would spend the time and develop a rock solid unique selling proposition then use it as my tagline.
- Website – I would make sure to secure an easy to spell (and say) domain name that points to a website that was search engine ready, focused on benefits, made an offer, used effective calls to action, and made it easy for people to take me up on my offer. Start this as soon as you have a name registered.
- Business Cards – This not only establishes you as a professional, it also makes it easy for people to have all you contact info, including your website, in one place. Cover the basics including your name, title, your school name, address, phone number, email, domain name, and USP/tagline. Then, start handing them out like your life depended on it.
- Flyer – Craft a flyerthat helps communicate your differences and gets peoples attention and interested. You can use this to hang up in grocery stores, on car windows, or hand out when someone comes in. Be sure to include an offer, a deadline, and a simple way to redeem it. When done right, it can be a very versatile and cheap marketing tool.
Sure you should get a sign, be in the yellow pages, and send out a press release. But you should also make sure you have these five items in place and use them to your full advantage.
Agree or disagree? Let me know in the form of a comment below!